Friday, March 6, 2009

Lots to talk about


It has been way too long! It has been two months since my last post and I have done a lot in that time. First we went on a great cruise at the end of January. We were able to travel with our good friends Kelly and Mindy Stoker. We went to the Western Carribean on the beautiful Carnival Triumph. We went to Ocho Rios Jamaica, Grand Caymen, and Cozamel Mexico. It was so beautiful and relaxing, I wish we could go again right now. We did have stormy weather, and the waves were huge, but it didn't stop us from having a great time!
Lanny and I were able to fly to Miami 2 days before the cruise, and we spent one whole day together. We went to this great mall called Bay Side, it has some really fun shops, and they had this boat ride we took. It took us out around "star island" this is where many of the stars mansions are. The boat ride was so fun, it was a very fast boat and after going around the island, they took us out into the ocean and jumped wakes that the big yachts made. It was great!
Me standing at the front of the boat

This is "Shacks' house Orlando Magic basketball player. His
house is 20,000 square feet, and his master bed room is over
3,000 square feet! I can't imagine having a bed room as big
as my house right now. That's just one room.

Later that night we picked Mindy and Kelly up and went to dinner at a wonderful restaurant called the Sea Watch. We sat by a lady on the plane from Miami and I asked her where a good place to eat was, and she told me about this place. It was so yummy! We had a great time there and I defiantly would go back to eat there again.
The next morning we got up and went to get on the cruise. About 3 weeks before the cruise, we were called and offered to upgrade to a penthouse suite for not too much more money so we all jumped on it and this also gave us V.I.P. status, so we didn't have to wait in any long lines. We just walked up and told them we need to go to the V.I.P. line and we went right in. After going through security, we were taken to a room and they took our name and told us to sit on some really nice couches and they would call our name when they were ready for us. Then they called our name, we went up and got our keys and were off to board the ship. It was so great! I felt really pampered. Here are some pictures on the boat.






Life boat drill.

After the boat left Miami, Mindy and I went to get a pedicure. It was fun to get one together. This is one of my favorite things to do when Lanny and I travel. It is the only time I get one, so it is a real treat to me.
This is a picture of Lanny and I in the dining room the first night. One of the best things about cruises is the food! I am not a big fan of the buffet, but the food in the dining room every night, I LOVED! I looked forward to dinner every night.


After dinner we went to the show. This is Kelly and Mindy waiting for the show to start.
Our first island was Ocho Rios Jamaica. It was so pretty there! I can't believe how hilly it is and how lush green! It had been a while since we had seen such green. It is great to get away during the winter and see such a beautiful place! Mindy had arranged to have a tour guide meet us at the ship and take us to see Jamaica. Our tour guide was wonderful! She took us first to the Dunns river falls. We actually hiked up the falls with a tour guide. I was a little nervous about going up the falls, but I am so happy I did!



This picture is of us about half way up the falls. After hiking up the falls, our tour guide took us on a little ride up through the rain forest. They called the area "fern gully" It was so pretty! While we were in the rain forest out tour guide stopped at a little shop along side the road and the lady there showed us the fruit and spices that are grown on the island. The lemmons were the size of softballs! They also grew nutmeg. Chocolate beans, noni fruit, all spice, and a wonderful fruit called sour salt it tasted really good! Mindy and I are kicking ourselves as neither one of us thought to take a picture there. The lady was so sweet, I really enjoyed our time with her.


This is a picture of our boat from the top of a hill.


The pictures above is of us at this great authentic Jamaican jerk chicken place. Our guide took us there and helped us order just the right thing. I loved it!





Lanny and Kelly wanted to go para sailing, so our guide arranged for them to do this. Mindy and I rode in the boat. A storm was coming in and the waves were over 5 feet high. I didn't like the boat much and was really not liking the fact that Lanny was clear up in the air with a storm looming. He did get rained on, and he said he would have enjoyed it more if it was a nice sunny clear day.





These are pictures of us getting back to the boat in the plants behind us it says "welcome to Ochos Rios". I loved Jamaica.
The next day was a sea day. Lanny and Kelly took a spin class in the gym, and then went for a swim. Mindy and I actually It was the first formal night. Lanny and Kelly rented tuxedos. They both looked so handsome. It was fun to get dressed up for a great night. the following are a couple pictures from that night.






Grand Caymen was our next stop. Lanny and I just spent the day together shopping. We had a great time and Lanny spoiled me!!!!!! He got me some really nice jewelry. Then we went to lunch at Jimmy Buffet's Margerettaville. It was pretty good. Then we got back on the ship and relaxed! There were 5 ships in port that day. It was so pretty looking out and seeing them all. What a beautiful day!





The next day was Cozemel Mexico. We had a blast there. Mindy, Kelly, Lanny and I took a shore excursion from the boat and went in Jeeps to some caverns and went swimming. Then we drove to a private beach and had lunch. The tour was actually on the main island of Mexico, so we had to take a water taxi over. It was such a fun day! It was so pretty and warm, but when we were just walking through the gates to board the ship a huge storm came up it was so windy that it was hard to walk! We got on board just in time for the storm, and the rest of the time on the boat was stormy and rocky!



At the caves we had to wear hard hats in because it was low. I had to bend down a lot so I wouldn't hit my head.




Swimming in the cave! The water was so clear and beautiful. The Mayans actually still use this water to drink.



Lunch on the beach




Lanny and I enjoying the beautiful water!
The last day at sea was really rock and rolly! It was cold so we didn't hang outside at all. In fact, I think I only walked outside two times that day. We spent the day playing hand and foot, and just relaxing. It was really fun!




This picture is a map of where we had been. It was cool to walk by and see how far we had gone. This was taken the last night. The green lights is where we had been and the red lights are how far we had until we got back to Miami.
The following picture are random pictures from the cruise that I liked.











Pictures of our room. It was so nice!!!!!!!




Every night our room steward made a cute towel animal and left it on our bed. This was our collection.
After leaving the ship we went to the Everglades and took an air boat ride. It was so much fun! We saw alagators, and turtles, and equanas. We actually got to hold a real baby alagator!

















We finished our trip watching the superbowl in our room. We were all rooting for Arizona to win. Eventhough they didn't win, we all thought it was a great game.

No comments:

counter

Lanny and I

Lanny and I
My wonderful husband Lanny and I

Chris

Chris
Christopher age 18 (isn't he good looking?)

Jared

Jared
Jared age 8 just as nice as he is cute!

Alyssa

Alyssa
Alyssa age 3 going on 16