Friday, April 4, 2008

Throwing my hat into the blogging ring

Ok, I give in. People have been telling me for a long time to start a blog. I have actually had this blog for a while, but hadn't posted anything. I don't consider myself a great writer, but I will try to get my thoughts and feelings down. I think blogs are fun to read to keep up with friends and family.
My Family Consists of My wonderful husband Lanny, Me (Jenny) and our 3 Children, Christopher 18, Jared 8, and Alyssa 3. Here is a picture of us taken at Christmas time.


Lanny is an ER doctor and works hard for our family. I am so grateful for him. He is very compassionate and loves to help others. He is a great example to me. His favorite things to do are first spend time with the family, run, fish, read, and bike.
Chris is a senior in high school. He is very ready to graduate in less than 2 months. He is not going to go to college right off, as he will be serving an LDS mission for two years first. He played football for 4 years and was really good. He made the 2nd team all district and was chosen to play in the Shrine Bowl, (all state game) this summer. I am looking forward to seeing him play one more time. He is really busy with school. I will write more about what is going on with him in another post. He is working (his first job) at Stokers milk. He loads the trucks, not a glamours job, but a job! We are thankful for that.
Jared is in the 3rd grade. He is such a fun child. He loves life! He loves to help other people. He is always helping our neighbors with yard work. He loves his little sister and loves playing with her. Jared loves to play basketball, listen to music, create things, fix things, cook, watch t.v. and play the Wii.Alyssa is a joy to have. She is 3 years old and is the center of our family's attention. She thinks she is the ruler of the house, and sometime I think she is. She loves to play with her dolls, kitchen, color, play with play dough, and do anything Jared is doing. She is an adv id fan of Barney, and Dora.

I am a stay at home mom, who works harder at home than I ever did when I was working outside the home. I love it more though. I would never trade being with my kids for anything. I love to read, travel, scrapbook, take pictures, exercise, and take long baths. That's us in a nut shell, I am sure you will get to know us quite well through my writings.


Until then take care.

2 comments:

Jaci said...

I love it!

Will and Joan Turley Family said...

Jenny --

I am so excited you are blogging! YEAH!!!

I love you, cute girl!!!

Love --

Joan

counter

Lanny and I

Lanny and I
My wonderful husband Lanny and I

Chris

Chris
Christopher age 18 (isn't he good looking?)

Jared

Jared
Jared age 8 just as nice as he is cute!

Alyssa

Alyssa
Alyssa age 3 going on 16