Chris graduated on Tuesday night. It was a bittersweet event. I am so proud of him and all he has accomplished, and really happy that he has grown up to be a very fine young man. He will be leaving home to serve the Lord on his mission for our church in just a few short months. He will be getting his mission call around the end of July. I don't know how ready I am for him to leave, but I am so happy he has chosen this path for his life. I know he will be very blessed for his decision to go on a mission.
His graduation was awesome! It was so neat to see him in his cap and gown. It seems like yesterday he started kindergarten. Man how time flies!
His Grandma (Nonnie) Nixon was able to come to Burley to watch him graduate and we are so grateful she made the trip, it was special to have her here to celebrate this evening with us.
After graduation they had a all night party at the school. Lanny and I were on the committee for this. We were in charge of all the small games. We had 2 guitar hero games, dance dance revolution, board games, Foosball, air hockey, and ping pong. They had a ton of food to eat, big games like a mechanical bull, bungee run, joust and laser tag. To keep them all busy. For the first hour there was an hypnotist there and that was hilarious!!! Every graduate received a great raffle door prize, and they had drawings for 2 lap top computers, luggage, cameras, and cell phones. I think that over all the kids all had a great time! I had a lot of fun being there and watching it all happen, as it took a lot of meetings an preparation to pull it off. I was exhausted and it has take me a couple days to recover, but it was well worth it.
Here are some pictures to highlight the night.
Nonnie and Chris we are so happy
she came to enjoy this night with us.
Lanny, Jared and I with Chris just after
graduation.
Chirs in front of our house just before
graduation.
Chris and his friend Ryan looking
like the blues brothers.
Video of Chris on the bungee run at the all night party. Looks like he had a great time.


2 comments:
Jenny-
How cool are blogs -- I just got to watch Christopher receive his diploma thanks to yours!!! What a wonderful day for him and for your family!!!
I love you so much!!!
Joan :)
Congrats to Christopher, that's is really exciting! Those late night graduation parties are a blast! I think that was so cool that you and Uncle Lanny were able to help out with it. I have fond memories of mine.
Post a Comment